Wednesday, March 25, 2009

faces ( mga hulagway)

Three days ago, through constant prodding of a friend, i joined a local photo contest hosted by a college here in the metro. it was so 'last minute' that i just browsed through my chest of old snapshots i took last year without any single idea what to submit for entry. truth is, i do not memorize by heart all the photos i took though i could easily identify what is mine, without batting an eyelash, that is.



anyhow, i submitted three entries that were supposed to convey a photo story relevant to the theme : technology and society. i had high-hopes about my entries. no, i was not focused on winning. i am still a newbie, and learning still, though i already won 3rd Place in a local amateur photo contest during the Oktubafest in Tacloban.hehe.


instead, i was more excited about being able to join a photo contest again and get the chance to tell people stories i chanced on the streets and captured them in pictures.


these were the entries i submitted.



In His Eyes.



Mother and Child.



A Taste Of Life.




i was elated when my friend told me about the results this morning. i thought it was a good kick-off to make my day. and it did.



pardon my boyish pride but i just could not contain my inner joy about winning the photo contest. i know this is so silly! but hey, let me own this.


this is my Grammy, my Tony and my Oscars or could be my Olympic gold.


p.s. thanks diane.



No comments: